It's the End of the World as We Know it...and I Feel Fine

So. Here is a strange thing. Blogging had all but died over the last year or two and then we had this worldwide pandemic and everyone started blogging again. 

I had already planned my big comeback (haha) before all of this hit, but life got in the way and I got a little behind. I am taking FAML 100: The Family this semester. It is an online BYU-I class that focuses on aligning family values and principles in family life and society as a whole with the document The Family- A Proclamation To The World. For my semester long project I had decided to do a series of blog posts, posted here on my existing blog for my daughters and future posterity. With two jobs, school, getting sick and a global pandemic my plans got a little sidelined. While I mostly kept up on my school work and kind of wrote blog posts in my head as I went along, I didn't do such a great job posting here as the semester went along. So now I am catching up all at once and hoping to get it all done before the final deadline. 

I have enjoyed the class very much and it has brought me peace as I have applied the principles to my own family. I currently have a granddaughter on the way, a daughter on a mission and the world as a whole is in a mass panic, hoarding toilet paper, and we are under a stay at home order as I write this. An added measure of peace is much needed and I am thankful for it at this time. 

Most of what I am writing about will be coming from my textbook Successful Marriages and Families: Proclamation Principles and Research Perspectives. I'll do my very best to cite my sources for each post, but this is the book I'll be quoting from the most. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OWL More

Vision, Goals, Plans

Self Care Sunday

All You Need is a Book!