Love and Inclusion




My sister first shared this poem on our instagram page in December. 
It has been one of my favorites since my teen years when the mother of my high school boyfriend first shared it with me during a time of dealing with toxic and difficult people. It is a short poem, easy to remember and always applicable. Especially now. February is the month of love. 
Typically romantic love, but as the ever growing 
"Galentines" movement would suggest, that 
tends to leave a lot of people out. 
And as this poem suggests, we 
here at the JOYsisters are all 
about inclusion and loving 
EVERYONE
We want  you to feel at home here. 
Drawn in, as the poem suggests. 

Outwitted


He drew a circle that shut me out —
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
But Love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle that took him in!

~ Edwin Markham

I happen to live in a part of the country that experiences frigid winter temps, short days and often little motivation to go outside from November to May. 
This can get isolating, 
lonely 
and typically causes me to withdraw. 
One of the aspects of my OLW, THRIVE is to make and keep meaningful connections. When I go into hibernation mode during these dark winter months and withdrawl, it is more of an effort for me to 
reach out. 
What do you do to stay connected, 
gather in those you love, and thrive? ~HH

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OWL More

Vision, Goals, Plans

Self Care Sunday

All You Need is a Book!